More Show, Less Tell: A Glimpse Into My Glamorous Barn Apartment

Sunday, June 19, 2016

            When I was in grade school  I eagerly professed my desire to pursue a professional basketball career, in addition to a career in interior design. Being raised in a household with a dad who worked two full-time jobs was most likely the inspiration for my dual-job dream. Although my aspirations of shooting hoops have faded away, I still have a strong passion for interior design and decorating.

            I recently moved to my new apartment, which is located above a barn. Yes, a barn. I’ve posted several glimpses of my little home on social media, and people seem to love them, so I figured I would dedicate a post to my happy home as well. 


A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: Doormat custom-painted from Shop Josie B

A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: As an anxiety sufferer, candles have always been something that help me feel at-ease, therefore, I find it imperative to have as many as possible. Holders found at Pier 1 and Ikea. Some of my favorite scents include:



A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: Mirrored tray found in the bath section of Home Goods, made by Nicole Miller NYC ($15). Quotable cards found at Target in the greeting card section. Peonies courtesy of Whole Foods ($12). Candle, Henri Bendel ($32).

A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: Since adding a makeup artist best friend into my life three years ago, my makeup collection has increased quite a bit. So much so that I needed an entire makeup vanity. Mirrored table found at Home Goods ($150). "E" Mugs used to hold brushes, Anthropologie. Plastic containers found at TJ Maxx & Home Goods (left). Mirrored chest, Home Goods (middle). Plastic, stacking containers found at The Container Store (right).


A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on



Above: My self-described Carrie Bradshaw Closet. My apartment has one bedroom, and I decided to turn the whole room into my closet. Mirror found at Home Goods ($99). Rolling clothing racks found at Target ($65).  Plum bench found on clearance at Home Goods ($83). Shoe cabinet, gifted to me for free, but can be found at Ikea ($190).

A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: Bar cart found on clearance at Pier 1 ($120). New York picture found at Home Goods. Margarita Glasses found at Home Goods ($12 for all). Stemless champagne flutes found at TJ Maxx ($12 for all). Big Ben cocktail shaker holder found at TJ Maxx ($12). Since this photo has been taken, I have accumulated gin, vodka, whiskey, and rum for a more complete bar cart.



A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: Kitchen, obviously. You know you're an adult when you get excited about your Simple Human trashcan. My ever-expanding collection of mugs that I love to display.

A photo posted by ELD (@eld3393) on

Above: "Get Naked" bathmat from Urban Outfitters ($39).

          In addition to the spaces above, I have a back porch that needs some design love, as well as my bathroom, a few book shelves, and an Ikea bed that has yet to be assembled.  Once those projects are complete, I will happily share the final pieces of my glamorous country abode. Who ever thought anyone would ever combine those words to describe apartment style?!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!